Saturday, November 20, 2010

Small update

I messed a little bit more with the texture atlas script: to be specific, I expanded the noise mask that modifies the edges, creating a significantly less "tiled" appearance. I think that aspect of the engine is just about perfect by now.

I also scaled up both the water and deep water effect planes, creating an ocean that stretches to the horizon, preserving the illusion of a seamless world.

And, first screenshot time!

It's been modified a bit - adding a bit of extra glow, correcting a terrain texture aberration... but it does show off some of what I was talking about, particularly the high contrast.

In non-development stuff, I'm working my way through Thief 3 mission-by-mission. It's fun, especially in its more "sandboxy" elements.

1 comment:

  1. Settings on that screeenshot:
    * High quality terrain atlasing shader
    * No shadows
    * High quality reflection/refraction with water depth effect
    * Grass blades on
    * Sky on medium - not volumetric, but active.
    * Post-processing on high

    ReplyDelete